Sunday, November 10, 2013

REVIEW: Beauty UK Naill Gift Set in Midnight Minx



Official description:
We thought we'd take a selection of our best selling, utterly fabulous nail polish colours, turn them in to mini versions (that actually aren't that mini!) and put them into three themed collections in a pretty package....then someone in the office had a hot flush and decided we should sell them at less than a fiver!
Packaging: The nail polishes are not really mini size because they have 8 ml each, and that's how sometimes normal size nail polishes come.
Texture: Some of the colors are more liquid than the others (the blue and the lilac shade). Only the black one is matte and the others are all a little bit sparkly.
What it does: Beauty UK Romania were having a 50% off sale, so I decided to buy a nail polish gift set because I don't have that many colors. And since it was just the beginning of fall (it was October) I decided to go for this color combination because they seemed to be fall colors. Oddly enough, the darker colors (black, blue and the lilac I first thought was purple) were not that pigmented and I had to apply 3 coats for the true color to show up. The black is matte, but still shiny and that's something I like because I don't like matte nail polishes at all. If you're a fan though, this gift set is not for you because the colors are mostly on the sparkly side. The nail polishes stay on my nails for about 3-4 days because I do many house chores like washing dishes by hand or scrubbing my oven or things like that, but I'm pretty happy with the staying power.


The black shade in 3 coats

The blue shade, also in 3 coats.


The dark red shade



This is a silver grey shade.It's very nice


The lilac shade seems to be purple in the bottle but it's lighter on the nails.

The last nail polish I thought it was going to be a boring yellow shade (I hate yellow in general), but it's a beautiful golden color. I think it will look great together with the the dark red for Christmas.

Price: 18 lei (about 4 euros)
Re-buy or pass: I would buy other gift sets too, asides the Urban Girl one because they seem like pastel shades and I'm afraid they're not that pigmented.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting