Saturday, March 30, 2013

GG's Saturday Movie : Sex And The City

Hi, kitties!
As I myself am a very lazy person, Saturday is my movie day of the week. I like to curl up on the couch with my cat, get some goodies and watch (or re- watch) a movie from my girly girl collection. This week, I'm gonna start with one of my all time favorites: Sex And The City, the first movie. Yes, I do love the tv show too, but I'll talk about that in one of my future posts.
Although critics and even fans of the series bashed the motion picture, I like it a lot. The girls are funny as always, the fashion is...God, I want all of their clothes...and there are some nice scenarios. So, what more could i ask for a girly girl movie. I actually bought my own copy of the DVD yesterday, because I found it at a local store for only about 3 dollars (or maybe less, I hate doing conversions), and I've just watched the movie for the 7th, 8th, I don't know what time with a bag of chips and a huge bottle of Coca-Cola. And no, you shouldn't copy my eating habits as they can be very bad for your health. I'm not a role model or something, so give me a break.

My copy has as special features a mini-documentary about the SATC fashion in the series (love that!), Michael Patrick King's commentary (ok) and Fergie recording in the studio for the soundtrack (I like Fergie, but her song for this movie was kinda meh).

You all now probably the story. Carrie and Big are finally getting married and they go house hunting and Carrie is so busy planning everything, but Big gets cold feet and blows her up at the last moment.And I mean literally at the last moment, right in front of the church.
Meanwhile, Miranda and Steve have their own marital issues, Samantha is unhappy living in LA waiting around for Smith, and Charlotte...well, she's good this time, for once she doesn't have serious problems.
If you loved the girls (I grew up watching the series and wishing for my own tiny apartment in New York with a closet full of shoes), then you must give the movie at least a itty bitty chance. So, for this Saturday, grab your copy of SATC: the Movie and enjoy.
Kisses for my kitties,

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting