Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beauty UK Eyeshadow Palette review



Official description:
Make a fresh statement everyday with our best selling 10 eye shadow combo palettes - as featured in Vogue.
Packaging: The eyeshadows come in a nice,sturdy case. They also have a double sponge applicator, but I like to use brushes instead. There's no mirror, but it's not something so bad, because I usually don't look in those tiny mirrors when I do my make-up.They all have 10 gr together, so they're rather tiny. You get 10 colors.

Texture: These eyeshadows are very satiny, but you have to apply them carefully because they tend to have a bit of fall-out. In this palette they are all shimmery shadows.
What it does: Moving on with the products I won at the giveaway, I wanted to try some eyeshadows too, but they didn't have them all on stock and I didn't want the palette with the nudes, because I like to have some colors too, so I chose the no.1-Pastels palette. One eyeshadow came broken, but that's because of the Romanian postal service since they tend to handle packages without any care whatsoever. It's a nice collection of eyeshadows, you get 3 brown shades, a white highlighting shade, a lilac shade, a pink shade, two blue shades and two green shades. These eyeshadows are rather sheer, so you don't get that much pigmentation and they are all shimmery, but I like the fact that they look so good on the eyes, like from a distance you look like you have some make-up on, and you can see the colors only if you get closer. I used them with primer and they staid put for about 7-8 hours, meaning a typical working day and that's what I want. I must say on the website they looked bigger and I was surprised to receive a small palette instead, but I do like the colors very much. I would say these are great for beginners and for people with little make-up skills like myself, not for those who usually do elaborate looks and that are looking for very strong pigments.On my hand I swatched without primer the brown from the top row on the left, the dark blue, the golden shade next to the brown one, the pink, and the green shade next to the pink one.

Price: 24 lei (about 6 euro) on beautyukcosmetics.ro
Re-buy or pass: Honestly, I'm glas I didn't pay for this palette because I didn't think it was this small and it's not like it's something I can't live without. I'm glad I gave it a try, but I don't think I would buy another one.
Disclaimer: By winning a giveaway I wasn't conditioned on posting positive reviews about the products, actually I wasn't conditioned on reviewing them at all, so this is my honest opinion!

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting