Thursday, April 4, 2013

essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base review

Official description: the i love stage – eyeshadow base has to get on stage! it can be applied diversely either as primer for concealers or eye shadows. the creamy texture does not crease, makes the eye shadow last longer and appear much more color intensive. for an even eye make-up waiting for its gig on stage!
Packaging: One of the reasons why I find essence cosmetics so appealing is because of their cute packaging. I wouldn't be a true girly girl if I wasn't attracted to nice and colorful packaging. I like the writing and the heart on the tube. It has 4 ml (0.13 fl.oz) which may seem not much product, but it's a good thing if you don't like it, then at least you don't have to struggle finishing it. And besides, it's super cheap.

Texture: It's a creamy eyeshadow base, which doubles as concealer too, according to the packaging and as far as I can tell there are no other shades available.

What it does: As eyeshadow base it's pretty much mediocre. I've used it with low quality eyeshadows and it wouldn't last for more than 4 hours, and with a good eyeshadow, 6 hours tops. As a concealer it doesn't offer much coverages, not for my dark under eye circles anyway and it creases if I don't apply it carefully. It has a yellow undertone to it, so for a pale person with rosy undertone it wouldn't work out too great. All in all, let's just say I wasn't impressed.
Price: About 2 euro
Re-buy or pass: As much as I love essence and as much as I like finding cheap make-up products, I'm gonna pass on this one since it doesn't actually do much for me.

So far, I'm gonna stick with my e.l.f. primer. It's a little bit more expensive, but the eyeshadows stay put.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting