Thursday, April 11, 2013

essence The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn part 2 loose pigment eyeshadow review

My experience with pigments is very limited, as I have used only one other pigment from Ga-De and it was very disappointing because of the fall-out. Other than that, if Yves Rocher is my love brand when it comes to skin care, I fell in love with the make-up products from essence because you get good quality at a low price and the packaging is adorable. I also love the many limited edition collections available.


Official description:
vampire eyes! the loose eyeshadow pigments, available in three dark, almost black shades and one light golden shade, create mysterious and fascinating eye make-up à la bella swan. the pigments can either be used individually or combined. the ideal base: the essence colour arts eye base from the essence standard range.

available in 01 jacob’s protection, 02 alice had a vision – again, 03 a piece of forever and 04 edward’s love.
My pigment is 01 Jacob's protection.
Packaging: The pigment comes in a transparent plastic container inscriptioned with the Twilight font. Under the lid, there's an opening with small holes, so you get tiny amounts of product, so it doesn't go to waste. It contains 1.7 gr (0.06 oz.)
Texture: Unlike my other pigment, this one is very much like a regular eyeshadow and I have no problem with fall-outs. It's very smooth and blendable, so it's easy to work with. Jacob's protection is a nice black color with a strong dark green undertone. It looks gorgeous especially in the light and I wear it constantly.
I like to use my essence brush with it, the smokey eyes one.


The brush has a lovely design, with the purple decorations and the purple tip. It doesn't shed and it's a very nice brush for blending. It costs only about 1.5 euro.
What it does: Like I already said, the pigment has a good color pay-off, and I love shimmery or glittery eyeshadows, but sometimes it's hard to work with them (I'm not very skilled in make-up). I had no problems with this pigment and it doesn't crease if I use a prime. I used alone, it lasts only for a couple of hours, though.

Price: About 4 euro.
Re-buy or pass: I'm thinking about getting Alice had a vision again too, because I saw some swatches and it's a gorgeous purple shade. But then I again, I don't like purples very much and I wouldn't use it. If the quality of the rest of the essence pigments is the same, I'll definitely add other colors to my small collection.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting