Sunday, September 29, 2013

Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad review



Official description:
Reveal your most alluring eyes with NEW True Color Eyeshadow. Our quads are numbered so getting those fabulous eye looks are as easy as 1,2,3...4!

With True Color Technology:
The rich color you see in the compact is the same color you get on your eyes.
Rich, vibrant color with crease-proof wear
Color saturated shades designed for every skin tone
Numbered shades for our easiest expert eye looks ever!

Exquisite stay-true coordinated shades make every eye-look effortless.
Packaging: The eyeshadows come in a sturdy plastic case and they have a double ended sponge applicator. The packaging changed, because mine are older eyeshadows bought from an online outlet.5.6 gr (0.20 oz)

Texture: These are different from the duos, because those have a nice satin finish, while these are pretty chalky and powdery. I hope they changed the formula too when they changed the packaging, because boy, do these suck!

After rubbing and rubbing and rubbing, here are some decent swatches of the colors

What it does: My quad is in the shade Iced Dreams, and I have a white pearl shade, a lilac one, a blue pastel and a purple. I had another quad in smoky shades a few years back and I remembered I didn't like that one either but we Romanians live under the false impression the cosmetics we get here are not that good because they're made in Poland, so I thought if I get this quad made in the US, I'm gonna see the difference. Well, let me tell you these are the same. I tried to swatch these, but it was already night time and the lightning wasn't good, but those eyeshadows are just not pigmented anyway. I applied them over my usual primer and let me tell you they came across as simple highlighting colors, and I used the most pigmented two of them. So, for me, this quad isn't worth it at all and I don't want to try another even if I get it for free. This is the second one I own and the lack of pigmentation and the chalkiness are obvious.
Price: 9 lei (2 euros) on cosmetiq.ro
Re-buy or pass: Definitely not. I'm done with the Avon quads.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting