Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cien cosmetics - a short review

After the reviews for Today cosmetics,I'm gonna write about 3 products from another supermarket brand , Cien. Cien cosmetics are available in Lidl supermarkets. Lidl is my favourite discount store, mostly for the food, the cleaning products and for the body care cosmetics. They are made in Germany and when you're on a budget I find a decent shower gel doesn't have to cost 5 euros.
Cien Shower Gel with orange oil


There are only 3 or 4 different shower gels and 2 or 3 shower creams from the Cien line. I like them because the scent is very pleasant and not that typical chemical scent I get from other cheap shower gels. This one is my favourite because I like orange scent. It lathers quite well, but the only think is you do need to apply a body lotion because it can be a little bit drying. The shower gel retails for 3 lei (not even 1 euro).
Liquid Soap Milk&Silk


I don't know if this is actually Cien liquid soap because there's no brand on the package. Go figure. This is a refill because I don't buy new soaps in dispenser only at a couple of months after they get dirty. Why should I pay extra for a piece of plastic? The soap comes in two scents: green apple and this one. The green apple one didn't really do it for me, but this one smells like clean sheets. I don't know how to explain it better. It's like a regular liquid soap.Again, if you have dry skin or other special needs, then this one doesn't suit you. This was 3 lei (less than 1 euro) for 1 l of product.
Cien Nail Polish Remover


This is acetone free, but it's not scented, so it still strong smelling when I use it. It gets the job done and I like the pumping device because I can get the amount of product I need out of the bottle. The nail polish remover was 5 or 6 lei (1.5 euros), but it's quite a large bottle, so it has lasted me for about half a year (I don't do my nails on regular basis).
Next, I think I'm going to try some generic beauty products from Kaufland. So far, I like Cien more than Today cosmetics.

5 comentarii:

Science Woman said...

Liquid Soap now in Poland is available in lime and vanilia. And in my opinion it's one of better soap. I've got skin that dries so fast after washing hands - and got this horrible feeling of fetched skin, after using this one nothing like this ever happen to me.

Anonymous said...

please how can i order dor cien beauty soap?

Cleo said...

Thanks for this post! It's the only plac I found the ingredients of one of these soaps

Unknown said...

Cien body shower gel i need it plz how can i order ?

Unknown said...

Cien body shower gel orange i need it how can i order ?

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting