Thursday, May 30, 2013

e.l.f. Prime and Lash kit review

This kit is part of the Spring Collection and it contains 2 eye primers and a mascara. I'll also talk about the extra primer they put in my package.
Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Official description:
Lengthening&Defining Mascara in Black - The unique formula is clump free and quick drying so you can have color that stays on all day without smudging or flaking.
Eyelid Primers in Sheer and Pearl - Use the eyelid primer prior to makeup application to get longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. You can wear it alone on your eyelid as a crease-proof eyeshadow to brighten and even skin tone for perked up eyes or dab it on your brow bone as a shimmery highlighter.
Packaging: They all come in tubes. The mascara in a black tube (2.5 ml or 0.08 fl.oz.), the sheer primer in a beige one, and the pearl one in a white one. (4 ml or 0.14 oz.). The extra primer comes in a tube containing 5 ml (0.17 fl.oz.). Of course, they all have applicators.
Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Texture: The sheer primers are very creamy and in a nude color,and the pearl one is white and it has some glitter in it. The mascara is very dry, i don't know if I got a bad one or that's something in general, because honestly I read only bad reviews for e.l.f. mascaras.
What it does: First of all, all the primers work wonderfully for me. I know some say they prefer Too Faced or Urban Decay, but how can we compare them with such a huge price difference? I wear eyeshadows for about 10 hours a day, because after work I remove my make-up or apply a fresh one if I'm going out, so I don't need them to be more long lasting.
The sheer ones don't change the color of the eyeshadows or the consistency, so you can use them without worries that the colors are modified.
The pearl primer doesn't remain white if you blend it, but it has small glitter particles, so if you wear a matte eyeshadow it will turn into a shimmery one. I think that's great if you have a matte color you really love and you want to wear the same color in shimmer.
I have no use for the mascara because it's dry. I bought the kit fro the primers anyway.
Price: The kit was 11 lei (almost 3 euro), because it was on sale 50% off, and the extra primer from the essentials line was free (normally it's 9 lei, or 2 euro here).
Re-buy or pass: I used only e.l.f. primers in the last couple of years because they are affordable and I'm happy with the result.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting