Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Travel size cosmetics

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
I'm a fan of travel size cosmetics not only because they come handy when going on a trip or on vacation, but because you can buy things you try out first before you get the full size ones. Here in Romania travel size cosmetics are very hard to find. I suppose you can get make-up stuff in the big cities at the stores, but when you live in a small town they are nowhere to be found. They have some in DM (Drogherie Markt), but I don't have one near me. And  for skin care, I've only seen some Vichy stuff in pharmacies.So I was excited to find this website called travestuff.ro, where they sell toilettries mainly because I wanted a mini-deodorant for carrying around in my purse in the summer (yes, i sweat a lot, so shoot me).
Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
 I bought this Rexona Cotton Dry stick deodorant(10 gr.) because it was the only one they had and a toothbrush with toothpaste because I tought it would be a travel toothbrush. Unfortunatelly, it's a just a normal toothbrush with a 5 ml tootphaste. The brand, as far as I can tell is a Romanian one, made for hotels so they normally are super cheap, like 1 leu (that's like 25 eurocents), but you can only buy them bulk directly from the manufacturer. So I ended up paying 4 lei for the deodorant and 4.5 lei (that's aprox 1 euro each) for the toothbrush and toothpaste set.
Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
I also have two 100 ml bottles from a gift set that I saved and I use them when traveling because I need my shampoo and conditioner and it's a drag carrying around those big bottles. I'm not a sensitive or particular person when it comes to body wash so I use what I get complementary at the hotels or I buy a soap or somethinf for the trip, but I can't use just any shampoo and conditioner because my scalp doesn't like just anything.
Oh, I forgot. On the website you can also buy shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, wet wipes, face mask, cotton pads and other things like that and they have 3 types of traveling sets to chose from according to what you need. There's no minimum order. The downside is they're also from this made for hotels brand, so I don't know how good they are.
I also noticed lately online companies in Romania started to add that extra touch when sending the orders. It's the second time a got a cute personalized note in the package (the first one being when I ordered that L.A. Color make-up from Make-Up Shop).
All in all, it's great to have a place where you can order this things because everybody needs them and if you're traveling in the country, you have a serious problem getting travel size cosmetics.
I didn't forget about the beauty subscription boxes available in some countries, so that people often have a bunch of travel size products laying around in the house, but here we currently have only 2 (3, if I count the Sabon Magic Box, but it's only the second month) and they usually give out mini-samples in little packets and you can use a product only once or twice. I wish there were more places I could get things like this, because I'm a hygiene freak and I don't have make-up in my purse other than lipstick, but I would love to have a small compact powder, a mini-handcream or other things for touching up my make-up and I don't have them because I don't want a big bag full with my entire bathroom counter.
Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post, I bought everything with my own money and I don't have any affiliation what so ever with the website, I just wanted to share this in case someone need a place to buy traveling goodies.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting