Sunday, May 26, 2013

On Kitty's watchlist: Lipstick Jungle


I'll be the first to admit that Candace Bushnell's novels seem to be basically the same thing repeated over and over again and that Michael Patrick King is her partner in crime when it comes to tv shows. Nevertheless, I actually enjoyed this show and I was sad it got cancelled after only 2 seasons. The show revolves around 3 women who are trying to find the perfect balance between career and a good relationship.
This is more of a drama than anything else and it's not that funny  like Sex And The City, but I liked the main characters, the male ones not so much though. There is one who I guess is supposed to be similar to Mr Big, but Andrew McCarthy just can't pull of the dark and mysterious businessman like Chris Noth does.Of course, fashion plays again a big part, and Victory, one of the characters is actually a fashion designer so there are many eyecandies here and there.
Being such a short show, I think you could give it a try (if you haven't already), especially if you liked Sex And The City.




0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting