Friday, May 24, 2013

Thursday readings: I Don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson


Well, once again I'm a day late with my weekly posts, but that's because I'm so lazy sometimes and I don't like to write if I don't feel like it.
I myself  I'm not a mom and don't intend to be one too soon, but I very much liked the main character of this chick-lit book, Kate Reddy.She's a fund manager who's married and has two small children and she struggles to find the perfect balance between career and motherhood. She makes more money than her husband, so they depend on her income, but she also loves her job, as tough as it gets sometimes. She has a nanny who is supposed to help her, but to get her to do some house chores she has to buy her expensive gifts and pay her a lot of bonuses (which I understand, because I wouldn't like to be hired for a jib and then end up doing 10 more other things).
The relationship with her husband is not that that great because she doesn't have time for him and she can't even manage to have lunch with her friend because, you guessed it, she doesn't have time.
Everything is about to change when she meets an American client who seems to be her getaway from all the chaos in her live, so you there are going to be some complications. There's also the movie with Sarah Jessica Parker, but there's something that I didn't like about it and I can't put my finger on what it was.
Anyways, here's another book from my chick-lit collection I recommend this week so enjoy!

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting