Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Astor Mattitude HD foundation review


First, I must say I'm not the best person to talk about foundations because I admit I only used cheap stuff until now and the only more expensive foundation I had was Revlon Colorstay which I hated because it looked like a mask on me. So this is my first drugstore foundation that's more expensive.


Official description:
Do close-ups make you uncomfortable?
Now, Mattitude HD mattifies skin to High Definition perfection. Shine is banished, pores seem to vanish and imperfections disappear to give you a pixel-perfect complexion no matter how close you zoom. Its unique technology blends tiny micronized pigments with minuscule glass spheres in an ultra-light gel formula ensures 16-hour shine control and real color fidelity for a perfect matte finish that never looks flat.
Pixel-perfect finish even close-up!
Benefits:
  • Even, matte, natural-looking finish
  • 16-hour shine control
  • Oil free and airy light gel formula
  • Skin-protective vitamin and SPF 22
  • 16-hour color fidelity
  • Leaves the skin feeling soft and supple
 Packaging: The foundation comes in a bottle with pump and it contains 30 ml. The pump is very good because it allows you to get as much product out as you want.
Texture: Mattitude is soooo soft, it reminds of those foam foundations and you don't even feel it on the skin when applied. It also smells like vanilla cookies to me, but the scent doesn't remain, so it doesn't bother me.

What it does: From what I can tell, this is the perfect foundation for me. I'm in shade Natural 012, which is supposed to be a dark shade, but it just looks like a second skin to me, now that I'm a little bit tanned. And by a little, I do mean just a little. I think that maybe the light shades might be too light on this one? Either way, just swatch it if you want to buy it and don't buy it online if you don't know your exact shade. Now, for the shine, you do need some powder if you're really oily like me, but at the end of the day I get some shine on the nose and one my forehead. With some touch ups after 4-5 hours, the foundation stays all day. I like the fact it has SPF and it doesn't oxidate or turn orange on me or anything. It didn't come off on my clothes, and my skin was so smooth, like when you use silicone primers (which I didn't). To make a long story short, I love this foundation so much and it's the best I've used so far. It covers redness and small acne, and I made a short demo on this. On my hand I drew a thik black pencil line and as you can see it got it covered and you can't even tell where the foundation is.


I didn't try the trick with liquid eyeliner, but I'm satisfied with the coverage and it's also buildable, so I just apply it in tiny dots where I feel I need some more. It doesn't do wonders though, so for visible acne scars and stuff like that it won't completely cover it.
Price: In my town everything is more expensive because we have only like 3 make-up shops, so it was 50 lei (about 12 euro). I could get this cheaper online, but the shipping would be 2 euro at least and I only needed a good foundation and nothing else for the moment.
Re-buy or pass: Definitely re-buy because I love it so much I don't want to try anything else (unless I get a gift or something).

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting