Tuesday, June 18, 2013

e.l.f. Spring Collection Eyeliner Kit review



This kit contains 2 shimmer eyeliner pencils and one eyeliner pen. The eyeliner pencils are in the shades Black Bandit and Twinkle Teal and the eyeliner pen is in black.
Official description: Shimmer eyeliner pencils - Brighten your eyes with these shimmering metallic liners.The long-lasting and smooth formulation glides on effortlessly without tugging at the delicate eye area.The built-in sharpener cap makes every application precise and perfect.
Waterproof eyeliner pen - Get smudge-proof, budge-proof eyeliner to create a fabulous and fresh look of precision that lasts for hours.
Packaging: The only thing that sucks about the pencils is precisely the built-in sharpener because not having a proper cap makes the dry out faster.
Texture: I was very disappointed with the pencils because the black one came with a broken tip so I had to sharpen it and that is when I realized those pencils are very rigid and it's a pain in the ass to sharpen them. The teal one was so dry it I almost couldn't get it to show up on my eyes, but I remembered the old trick with the flame and the tip, so it got better after that. The pen eyeliner is great, it's not dry, how other people got theirs and I don't have to press hard, just a gentle swipe is enough to draw a line.

What it does: Like I said, the texture of the eyeliner pencils is not that great. The black one isn't shimmery at all, but it's smoother than the teal one. The teal one looks nice swatched on the hand, but that's after I pressed pretty hard so you can see the color. That's obviously not something you can do in the eye area. The eyeliner pen I like the most and that's the main reason why I got this kit. It was on 60% off sale, so this kit was actually cheaper than a single eyeliner from their basic line, and that's why I'm not sorry for getting it. Unfortunately, the pen isn't waterproof.Actually, I could remove it from my hand without even rubbing, just with water, so I don't think that's how it's supposed to hold up.

Price: 8.80 lei (almost 2 euro) on sale
Re-buy or pass: I strongly advise you not to buy this at full price and wait for a sale. The shimmer pencils and the eyeliner pen are available individually all the time, so you can get them to try them out. I like the eyeliner pen and I will repurchase it, but the shimmer eyeliner pencils are not worth it and I don't want to try other colors.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting