Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday readings: The Bombshell Manual Of Style by Laren Stover


Who doesn't want to be a bombshell? I most certainly would like to be one but a) I'm not pretty enough and b)I hate elegant clothes. This isn't a manual per say , it's more an anthology of what truly makes a bombshell, from clothes and makeup to music and favourite books. Stover deals mostly with old Hollywood divas like Marylin Monroe, Ava Gardner or Lana Turner, but that doesn't bother me since I have a special affinity for the '40s and '50s. If you would like to read about modern days bombshells, than this books won't satisfy you.
It's a short book, I've read it in a day, but I noted some things on my to do list so I can feel like a bombshell at least now and then:
- make a sanctuary out of my bathroom with bath salts, candles and stuff and take a relaxing bath at least once a week (I'm more of a shower kind of girl)
- use some cosmetics and perfumes bombshells like. I don't have the money for Chanel, MAC and co. , but Revlon is not out of my league
- always have a champagne in the fridge to savour a glass when I feel happy, or sad or I just need a drink.It doesn't have to be expensive.
- don't get upset that I can't cook. Guests will like me if I'm always in a good mood and attentive and for that they will forgive my lacking cooking skills.
- find a haircut that actually works for me and not just this long, straight hair I have right now.
- pay attention to details like shoes and nails and then the clothes won't even be a big deal.
That's about it what I can remember, but I do recommend you the book for some fun, light reading.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting