Saturday, June 1, 2013

e.l.f. Studio 32 piece Eyeshadow Palette review








 Official description:

This convenient makeup collection for your eyes allows you to be your own makeup artist whenever,wherever. A great value for any makeup lover!
An all-in-one compact including the must-have eyeshadow shades. Create any look that reflects your personal style. The small sleek design is great for on-the-go beauty touch ups.Mirror and eyeshadow applicator included.
Packaging: The eyeshadows come in a nice, white,compact case with a small mirror included. The new design allows you to see all the shades from the palette.The only bad thing is my palette at least is a little bit hard to open, so I have to be careful.

 Texture: Eyeshadows are not greatest thing from e.l.f. and these are not the best quality. Most of them are shimmery, an only the bottom row are all matte shades.


What it does: This palette is part of this year's Spring Collection and the great thing is it comes with an eyeshadow brush from the essential line (as far as I can tell) and those are great at their price.

 It's available in two shades, and I chose the Jet Setter palette because I wanted some colorful shades too, as I don't like the plain old nude look all the time. There are some nice brown shades on the first two rows from left to right, next some orange shades, pink shades, blue, green, purple and greys and a black shade, so the color selection is nice because you get a little bit of everything. I won't lie, the pigmentation is not good, the shades from the first top row don't even show up, but if you use a primer, that makes a huge difference. On my arm I swatched some of the more pigmented shades without any primer and they barely show up, but with primer, I can create a nice, subtle make-up.

 I think this palette is great for beginners, because there's not the danger of applying too much eyeshadow, and you get many colors all in one palette. Also, you can buy it if you really want to have it because it's cheap and with a bit of work and skill you can make the eyeshadows work.
Price: I got it on 50% off sale, 17 lei (aprox. 4 euro), but I wouldn't recommend paying more for it, because it's not worth it. Wait for a sale if you want to have it.
Re-buy or pass: As I said, the e.l.f. eyeshadows are not the best buy, but on 50% off sale I would buy other palettes from them just to have many colors to play with.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting