Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday readings: Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty and Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe and Rose Apodaca


Phew, that was a long title! This week's book is one that I liked more for the illustrations and the photographs than for the actual content. Although I'm not a fashionable person,I do like to read about fashion to try and not make serious mistakes. That's why I bought this book a couple of years ago and let me tell you it wasn't cheap. Rachel Zoe is a known stylist in the US but here in Romania no one heard about her (just the fashionholics), so I didn't know what she was like.
Let me tell you this book didn't teach me much because I don't really like her personal style, nor do I have the money to buy expensive things like she encourages the readers. I get it, you pay more, you get better quality, but I can't save more than a year just to buy an expensive pair of shoes (because otherwise I really couldn't afford them).
Other things are things we all know, to mix and match vintage pieces with trendy ones, to pay special attention to shoes and to use statement jewellery.
There were some things I liked about the book. The beauty chapter had tips and tricks from make-up artists and hair stylists, and there was a step-by-step basic make-up tutorial included. I also liked the travel chapter because she had some great tips on how to pack your luggage. I also liked how she told us we could feel glamorous doing small things, like using eye masks or Evian water to freshen up the face.
All in all I would say it was an entertaining book, but not worth paying much for it.Just read it if you find it a a library or buy a used copy.

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Tell Kitty what's on your mind

 

Template by Best Web Hosting